Karen A. McMahon
|-B.S., Montclair State University (College)
-M.S., Ohio University
Office: 203 Oliphant
Phone: (918) 631-3129
I am currently working on developing laboratory exercises in general
biology, botany and anatomy & physiology that challenge students to use problem solving and critical thinking
I have recently completed the writing and editing of laboratory safety
guidelines for HAPS (Human Anatomy and Physiology Society.
- Economic Uses of Plants
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Environmental Science
- McMahon, K.A. 1999. What
is the role of salt in taste? Pages 387-389 in Tested Studies for
Laboratory Teaching. Volume 20 (S.J. Karcher, Editor). Proceedings of the 20th Workshop/Conference of the Association
for Biology Laboratory Education (ABLE), 399 pages.
- Levetin, E., K. McMahon and R. Reinsvold. 2002. Laboratory Manual for
Applied Botany. McGraw-Hill: New York.
- McMahon, Karen A. 2004. Practical Botany--the Maltese Cross. Pages 352-357 in Tested Studies
for Laboratory Teaching, Volume 25 (M.A. O'Donnell, Editor). Proceedings of the 25th Workshop/Conference of the
Association for Biology Laboratory Education (ABLE), 414 pages.
- Levetin, E. and Karen McMahon. 2006. Plants and Society 4th Ed. McGraw-Hill, Higher Education, New York.
- Greenhouse Curator
- Faculty Advisor to Tri Beta, the National Biological Honor Society
- Undergraduate Advisor, Faculty of Biological Science
- Member of HAPS (Human Anatomy & Physiology Society)
- Member of ABLE (Association of Biological Science Education)
- Faculty Advisor to Earth Matters